Areas where we have worked
We want our clients to choose us, and to continue choosing us, for the reliability and excellence of our translations: the right balance between fidelity to the Dutch and clarity in English.
Over the past years the complex areas of law in which Columbus 7 BV has worked include:
- Supreme Court (cassatie) actions in civil and administrative law (both judgments and A-G opinions)
- (Multi-jurisdiction) applications to state courts to set aside arbitral awards
- Arbitration-related applications for anti-suit or enforcement injunctions
- Litigation linked to the Energy Charter Treaty/oil, gas and energy litigation
- Media-related litigation
- Finance, banking and insurance
- Dutch WCOD actions/related class actions
- Enterprise Chamber proceedings
- Beneficial ownership (tax law)
- Translations of excerpts from Asser
- Comparisons between old and new Dutch arbitration law
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Contract termination for unforeseen circumstance (“frustration"?)
- Competition law
Columbus 7 BV’s translations are summa cum laude translations. Its managing director holds a recent (2013) First Class LLB degree from the Open University (UK). A UK first class degree is generally taken as equivalent to a summa cum laude degree awarded by a Dutch university.
+31 (0)20 423 05 68
Columbus 7 BV does not work with outsiders. Columbus 7 BV puts quality before scale. Major international litigation requires translations done by professionals with the right academic training, expertise and years of experience. Columbus 7 BV has a track record of proven quality. We firmly intend our translations to stay that way.
Columbus 7 BV has a strong balance sheet: with a conservative dividend distribution policy, no debts to financial institutions and no outside investors it is financially robust. Continuity of service to clients is assured.
Columbus 7 BV only works with qualified translators.
Our starting point is the skilled, human translator who, in the light of his or her knowledge and discretion, uses computer tools to arrive at a faithful, clear and reliable translation.